Ingredients for 4 servings
- 4 salmon fillets (Wellgoods)
- 1 teaspoon English mustard (paste not powder)
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped
- pistachio nuts
- 4 medium sized zucchinis sliced in circles
- 1 small eggplant sliced in circles
- 8 baby carrots boiled
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over both sides of the fillets and then spread the mustard all over one side of the fillet. Add finely chopped nuts on top of the mustard.
- Place fillets in a baking tray and add olive oil and wine.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime lightly fry the eggplant and zucchini until golden brown.
- Mix 4 tablespoons olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- To serve, place the salmon fillets on top of the fried vegetables, accompany with the boiled carrots and drizzle the balsamic / olive oil dressing all over the meal.
Tip: Salmon (Wellgoods) does not need a lot of cooking time. Also try poaching it, sautéing and grilling it for great results.