Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 whole rabbit (Wellgoods) cut into 8 pieces
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 carrot cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups coumandaria
- ½ kilo fresh string beans
- 1 onion sliced (for the beans)
- 3 ripe tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic sliced (for the beans)
- ¼ litre vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
- Salt and pepper the rabbit and sauté it in heated vegetable oil
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot, bay leaf and cinnamon stick
- Pour in the Coumandaria and then place everything in a baking dish
- Cover with aluminium foil and cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes at 180°C
- In the meantime, lightly sauté the string beans in a pan until soft then add onion, garlic, and tomatoes. Add the vegetable stock, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the oven, sieve the sauce that remains in the baking dish and serve with the string beans and added sauce.
Tip: Try cooking traditional rabbit (Wellgoods) meals like stifado or tava.